Who love music Echo Dot (3rd Gen) Alexa is a best choice
Amazon Present his own voice-controlled device that is so much popular in now Days,
It is Amazon Echo Dot and It’s latest version and update Echo Dot (3rd Generation)
It’s very small and easy to carry means a portable device. Amazon Echo Dot is a voice-controlled device and it’s connects to Alexa, a cloud based voice service , to play music, frequently giving the answer of your questions, Explore the news and also keep all details about the weather, set alarms, Controls compatible smart home device
Stream music from Amazon Prime Music, Saavn, and TuneIn – just ask for a song, artist, or genre.
Control Echo Dot hands-free – it can hear you from across the room with 4 far-field microphones, even in noisy environments or while playing music.
Call or message family and friends who have an Echo device or the Alexa App. Use announcements like a one-way intercom to broadcast messages to all your Echo devices.
Control compatible smart lights, plugs, and remotes from Philips, Syska, TP-Link and Oakter – just using your voice.
Use the built-in speaker or connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable for bigger sound.
15,000+ skills including ordering cab, food, jokes and games. Always getting smarter and adding new features.
1. Great improvement in sound quality when compared to the 2nd generation DOT.
2. Alexa understands Indian accent well and the one sold here is customized only for India.
3. You can enable lot of skills. Skills are like apps created by third party developer, you just need to enable them based on your requirement.
4. Smart home features works very well. I love controlling lights with Alexa.
5. Design and build quality is very good. I liked the fabric design over the plastic on the 2nd gen DOT
6. Just say what you want to buy from Amazon and it will purchase/add it to your cart. Alexa will buy it provided you have given her permissions, it can be controlled using Alexa app on your mobile.
7. You can make her connect to a bigger speaker using bluetooth or Aux for better quality sound.
8. Alexa can play songs of your choice from Amazon prime music as well as Tune-in radio. You can enable other radio stations aswell.
9. The best part of Alexa is that she can set reminders, to do lists and Alarms. She can set multiple alarms and reminders.
10. You can ask her any random questions, calculations, general knowledge etc.
11. Control your music, it’s fun to have Alexa + Echo Dot around as it plays whatever you desire for without browsing for the song on your mobile or device. very own DJ.
12. For the price paid, it’s worth it to have echo dot lying in room around. I would recommend having a dot more than other devices as it has ability to connect to large external speakers with aux cable
13. Decent sound quality, again it’s mono, and serves the purpose, loudness is there and good for its size. Can fill an entire room.
14. Amazing build quality, hope to last long
15. Fire TV integration coming soon. Similarly, other smart devices can be easily integrated. I’ve ordered TPLink LP100 which was on offer, and it does gets integrated well with Alexa/ED.
1. Alexa can place order for you from Amazon but you gotta be very specific. Let’s say you asked Alexa to buy a T Shirt, she doesn’t give you options on the color or size. If you give specific details in the first command, then she will place the correct one in the cart but it’s not easy. She is only good to order groceries from Amazon.
2. I found some bugs with her, sometimes she asks me to try the command after a while. She rebooted once when she was not able to process the command. Also I found issues when using certain skills. I’m sure Amazon will fix those issues.
3. Audio quality is good but not great. I know that she is not just a speaker, but clarity could have improved when listening to music. Connect to a bigger speaker with AUX or bluetooth if you’re not satisfied with sound quality. Please don’t compare Dot with JBL or similar, I’ve seen it in few reviews. If you’re an audiophile and want excellent sound quality, then don’t look at the Echo range of products.
4. You need Amazon prime subscription to search and play for songs. I won’t recommend Echo to anyone without Prime subscription.
5. Echo Dot (3rd Gen) needs to be always plugged in to the power supply, as it doesn’t have built in battery.
Let’s talk about the many skill that you can see in Echo Dot (3rd Generation )
Alexa has 15000+ Skill including the functionality of order something the online site like (Cab(Uber & Ola), Food (Swaggy & Zomoato,etc) )
1. Pictures won’t do much justice to the size, it’s actually bigger than it looks
2. The device has got some weight, can say as I’ve own JBL Go and Echo Dot weighs more. Of course, it has more functionality
3. It’s got speaker on sides, and has got 4 microphones on top. Speakers are covered in cloth. I wish it had steel mesh around, although this can be a personal choice. But overall looks cool. For lighter shades, the cloth may get dirty sooner, and which is the reason opted for black shade
4. The power adapter is proprietary and no more micro USB and requires the adapter to be carried on trips
5. It has got AUX output. You can connect ED to external speakers either through bluetooth or through Aux out. I’ve got Logitech THX speakers, this works perfect for it.
6. The lights effects is cool and not at all annoying.
7. The base has got excellent grip and sits well on any surface.
Sound Quality, Bluetooth based Audio and Alexa:
1. Sound quality is decent and fills the room fully. Enough for a single room. Do not expect much bass, it’s there and thump effect can be felt. Allow some burn in time.
2. You need to have prime subscription to take full advantage of its offerings
3. You can play AIR but more stations are left for desired in terms of radio. I wish radio garden could have been added as a skill
4. You can connect your mobile to use ED as bluetooth enabled speakers
5. Alexa can understand most of the stuff but again you need to be specific. Like speaking to a robot which is obviously it’s supposed to be doing. Over time with technology improvements, this would someday turn into natural conversation hopefully
1. For best use of echo dot and amazon echo system, prime account is necessary.
2. Alexa India voice, some would feel home, some would hate it. 😉
3. I’ve observed, songs in prime music lack low end.
4. I’ve placed the ED near live TV with certain loudness, device did skipped couple of hearings. Again, in normal environments it works as expected.
5. At last, integration with Fire TV is being pushed in November update. Wish, cable TV could have been controlled with ED.